Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting back on track...

So I've been away for a while - both with the blog and updates on the races, and... my nutrition. Yep, 'took 10 weeks off' and gained 1.5% in BF%, 1.0 inches on the waist - everything stayed close to the same inch-wise, my running pace has gotten better, and I am free-weight squatting again. (Yay!) So yes, getting stronger, but I gotta get back to my happy running weight and BF% is the first step!

That said, here is one of my favorite snacks:

TURKEY MEATLOAF MUFFINS
Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
3 egg whites
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 celery stalks (finely chopped)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball. Bake for 40 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.


Nutritional Information:
Calories: 80
Protein: 11 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Fats: 2 grams


Women eat 2 muffins
Men eat 4 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment