Friday, March 9, 2012

Okay, so this is my very first post of my very first blog, for the very first everything and I will humbly admit I don't think I'm doing this correctly.  Shoot, I doubt anyone will actually read this blog.  This might become an electronic diary of a runner, writing to herself every now and then, journal about my hurdles I've faced, failures I muck through, [some] (sweet) successes, and most importantly - learnings that have come with a lifestyle of wishful running.

Yes, wishful.  I'm 5'11", used to be 6'.  Thanks to back issues, I'm shrinking at the ripe old age of... 29 with 6 years experience...  Thanks to the back *stress*, reaching my best potential in running is a slow going process.  I actually started this blog because I used someone else's blog just yesterday to help me bust through a current hurdle I'm dealing with - btw, thank you Jaymee from 'Run Away Fast' for your excellent article on piriformis syndrome!  I watched those YouTube videos of the ballerina that can contort in ways I cannot, and even watched that strange guy in that hotel setting discuss the difference between sciatica and piriformis syndrome.  AMAZING.  Within 36 hours of trigger point therapy and additional stretches (on top of what I have been doing) - I can stand for more than 5 minutes now!  Yes, piriformis is a pain in your *ahem* and it was that bad.  Still gonna have to 'stand down' from tomorrow's 5K race :( but I think I should be back on board for the St. Patrick's Day Beer Run next weekend!

Okay, so much to journal - very giddy about all the races I have lined up this year.  If anyone is out there reading this elementary attempt of a blog, stay tuned for race updates!

Be positive, think carefully, learn wisely, be patient and persistent, and above all -
Just Keep On Running,

-am3er

1 comment:

  1. Love you Amber. I'm so proud of you and you inspire me all the time.

    ReplyDelete